Tuesday 12 May 2009

My little journey of this weekend

I went to short trip this weekend(for me, Sunday&Monday) with my new bicycle.
Sometime most wealthy thing in life is just in front of us. We could see it if we open our mind and door.

On Sunday late afternoon, I suddenly felt that I want to go for bike ride and called my friend D. 'oh, why not! I was board. It will be good to refresh!' that was answer. So we decided to go for bike ride. It was already 6pm, still we had three hours of day light. This is the beauty of summer in London. We started from Victoria park, all the way along side of Regent canal through to Lea valley park. I love walking along side of canal and even this one month I often jogging (this is new to me. I'm not really healthy person but really good to clear in head) but there is limit where i could reach with my limited stamina.. This time bike brought me much more further. This was a view from a pub we stopped for a pint. I didn't feel like I'm in London but still within E5.


After bike ride, I was starving, so i made smoked salmon cream tagliatelle and roast pepper salad. Very simple dish but sometime simple is the best.


Next day, I went back to Canal side with E. We often walk along side of canal together to talk about life, love and dream(Yes, we are quite dreamy). She been telling me to get bike this two years because she knew how much we could have fun to explore secret side of London. We started from Clapton and went to more further to lea valley harbor.


Near here, there is a beautiful park, very quite nothing like London field where almost Soho Sq in east London now.

Then turned around to hackney wick and back to Victoria park.

Then we cycle to Canary wharf.
Hooray! We reach to the river Thames!

We had a grass of wine to celebrate how we did good today.

Time to go back home before it get dark.

No comments: