Sunday 31 May 2009

Dinner at Izu

My parents live within Izu Peninsula in Japan. Famous place for natural spring spa. Most closest town in peninsula to central Tokyo is Atami, located just 40 min away from Tokyo station by bullet train. I take local train another 40 minutes from there, then I reach to Izu valley where my parent live. The place have sea in front, mountain behind and next to lake. Obviously, a lot of nice seafood and veg you could get there. Moreover, my dad loves fishing, so we always get amazing fish for our dinner. My brother and his girlfriend also joined from Tokyo for my first night and second night my friend N's family come to see me. We had so many dishes for both night.


First night; Sashimi, Aji(Jack fish) & Squid BBQ, Salade.


BBQ



I found vegetable stand in local. They also deliver their veg to one of Italian restaurant in local (Produce by Yukio Ishizaki, famous Italian chef in Japan). I got Radish and Rocket for dinner.


N's mum asked him to bring these veg to me. This is organic veg from Nasu valley.
beans, cabbage, carrot, Japanese radish, Mizuna leaf


Second night with N's family
Today's salad is from N. Mizuna and whitebait salad mix with rice cracker.


Another Sashimi (Aori ika, Akai ika, mejina) from my dad.


I start missing cheese so I did this appetizer.
Cod row & cheese in fish stick(Chikuwa) with rocket.


Broad Beans is season!


I wanted to make something with Nira leaf because I can't get same leaf in London. I could get similer one in Chinese shop but taste slightly different. So when i find Nira in local shop yesterday I bought it straight way. This is a dish with it. Nira and Iringi mushroom(I always miss this mushroom too!) wrapped by pork accampany with radish.


Whitebait(Shirasu) & my dad's Mejina marinated with soy source rice bowl.
I also got this whitebait from local shop where some people come to buy it all the way from Tokyo.

No comments: